Sunday, April 3, 2011

An American Werewolf in London


Not being a huge fan of the werewolf genre, I didn't have very high hopes for an American Werewolf in London going into it. Little did I know that I was in for a huge culty treat.

John Landis was the director and although his name might not be so familiar, his work is what most might know rather intimately. He is responsible for Michael Jackson's Thriller music video! AND Black and White!

But while I am a Landis admirer, it's really the movie's makeup artist, Rick Baker who takes the cake in this case. The story was exciting and entertaining but it was Baker's magic that made the film so tasty. Having been made in 1981, this is one of those movies where you keep asking yourself, 'how dey do dat?'. The dangling skin, the rotting flesh, the exposed organs, the species transmogrification... EW! so gross, but I just can't stop staring! (I added a GIF below to demonstrate).

This is a movie for the ages; the kind you could watch every few years when you're in the right kind of mood. Download it now!

Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment